Revelation 12 - The War of The Ages
The Greatest Cosmic
- War is seen in chapter 12. Daniel saw a portion of the war and Paul talked about it in his writings.
- Since this war takes place in the book of Revelation it must be the greatest in the future. The greatest one was when Jesus died for us.
- Revelation 12 mentions this war in great detail.
is the woman. Israel
- Jesus Christ is the child.
- Satan is the fiery red dragon.
- Michael is the general of the armies of Heaven.
is the sun, moon and the 12 stars. Israel
The First Great Sign in Heaven is
Falling Stars Are The Angels
Satan swept a third of the stars out of the sky means that he caused one third of the angles to fall with him. This involved millions of angels who once were loyal to God but because Lucifer was in charge of them they followed him.
satan tried to destroy Jesus and His plan many times while Jesus on the earth.
- satan waited for the birth of Jesus because he wanted to destroy Him.
- In the temptation satan tells Jesus if He would just worship him he would give him all the kingdoms of the earth.
- When Jesus rebuked Peter when he tells him not to go to the cross.
- In the
to get Jesus not to go to the cross. But Jesus overcomes the evil one, which is what we are called to do. Gardenof Gethsemane
- Even while Jesus is on the cross satan comes again by the chief priests, scribes and elders mocking Him. Matt. 27:43.
- Even the thieves next to Jesus heaped insults on Him in Matthew 27:44.
The Woman will give birth to a Son who will rule all nations with an iron scepter. The Child being caught up refers to the ascension of Jesus Christ after He rose from the dead.
- Then through the spirit of wisdom and revelation the scene jumps ahead of time 2,000 years to the tribulation when
Israelflees to to be protected & provided for by God. Petra
- Jesus said those who live in
Judeato flee to the mountains when the temple is defiled by the antichrist.
- To the mountainous area in the
Jordandesert to a place called Petraabout 20 miles south of the Dead Sea. It is an abandoned city that was carved into the rocks of the mountains centuries ago. Petrais located in the country of . The Edomites lived in this volcanic crater about 500 years B.C. They carved temples, houses, and businesses directly out of the rock face. The city is called Jordan because of its red stone buildings and the red cliffs they are carved out of. Rose Red City
As Soon As
Israelflees to a great war will erupt in Heaven (in the spirit realm). God’s angels will be lead by the general of the warring angels, Michael fights against the devil and his angels. Petra
- The great dragon is cast out down to the earth with his army of fallen angels.
- A song breaks out. Rev. 12:10-12
satan comes into the antichrist (the beast) and persecutes
- The woman is given two wings of a great eagle. (some believe this is a huge air lift).
- She will be protected and provided for by God for 3 and a half years during the last part of the tribulation.
- Will use a world wide propaganda campaign.
- Will use the antichrist to attack
with a great army. (a flood sometimes symbolizes a flood of armies). Israel
- The earth swallowing the armies of the antichrist could be a great earthquake that destroys the armies of
’s enemies. Israel
- A great war in the Heavens will take place in the tribulation.
- Even now a cosmic war is raging in the Heavens.
- We are called to engage the enemy everyday by our prayers and our witness to the blood of Jesus.
- Our adversary accuses us day & night but remember he no more access to God because he has been cast down to the earth.
- We overcome him daily.
How we conquer satan?
- By the power of the blood of Jesus Christ.
- By our witness, presentation of the Gospel.
- By our sacrificial way of presenting the Gospel.
- By rejoicing in the fact that satan is already defeated when Jesus died and went into hell and rose from the dead.