A Transformed Life - Romans 12:1-2
There Is A Process In Transformation
- It starts with presenting our physical body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God. A holy life is a dedicated life to the Lord. The first step in this process is dedication.
- Part two is not being conformed to the pattern of this world.
- Part three is the renewing of our minds.
What Renews The Mind:
- A new mind set or a new world view.
- A new set of values.
- The Word of God.
The World has a set of values, a way at looking at the world. The church has a world view, even in the church there are different views such as miracles don’t happen anymore. If you study church history there has been miracles in every generation of the church.
In Every Revival God opens up new ways of thinking for the church, sometimes it is radically different than the current thinking in the church at other times minor adjustments are made. The general thought though is that the church has a hard time accepting new ways of thinking.
Sometimes it takes a generation or so for the church to accept a new way of thinking. This happens through the revelation of the Word of God by the Holy Spirit. In some cases it is too late and the church misses something amazing and looses a generation.
We Can Not allow ourselves to end up in the situation where we miss the next move of God so we must always allow the Word of God to renew our minds.
A Steady Diet Of God’s Word Will Renew Our Minds
This is when we allow the spirit of wisdom and revelation to help us see more clearly what God has in store for us.
The Word of God
- Is alive and full of power, it is penetrating and sharper than any two edge sword.
- Goes into our thought patterns and changes them to His thought patterns. This is how our minds are renewed.
- Will not return empty but will accomplish that which God desires in our lives.
- That we live an abundant life full of the Word of God.
- We can have a life that is meaningful and transformational as we allow the Word of God to do its work in us.
- We can look like Jesus as we allow this process to work in every area of our life.
What Does Transformation Look Like?
The Greek word is were we get the word metamorphosis - the process that a cocoon goes through to become a butterfly. Something that envelops or surrounds in a protective or comforting way. The Word of God must envelop us as we are transformed into the image of Jesus.
II Corinthians 3:18